Centre publications - 2019
See below for a list of the Centre's publications during 2019.
Click on the Quick links to view publications from previous years.
Adams J., Barratt P., Arden NK., Barbosa Bouças S., Bradley S., Doherty M., Dutton S., Dziedzic K., Gooberman-Hill R., Hislop Lennie K., Hutt Greenyer C., Jansen V., Luengo-Fernandez R., Meagher C., White P., Williams M. The Osteoarthritis Thumb Therapy (OTTER) II Trial: a study protocol for a three-arm multi-centre randomised placebo controlled trial of the clinical effectiveness and efficacy and cost-effectiveness of splints for symptomatic thumb base osteoarthritis. BMJ Open (2019) doi 10.1136/bmjopen-2018-028342
Al Bimani, SA, Gates, LS, Warner, M and Bowen, C. Factors influencing return to play following conservatively treated ankle sprain: a systematic review. Journal of the Physician and the Sports Medicine. (2019) Volume 47 Issue 1. doi.org/10.1080/00913847.2018.1533392
Arden, N. Role of pain in predicting mortality in osteoarthritis. Rheumatology (2019). Volume 58. Issue supplement 3. doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/kez109.055
Batt, MEB, McKay, CM and Whittaker, J. Special issue: Regional musculoskeletal problems with a focus on sport. Best Practice and Research Clinical Rheumatology. Volume 33, Issue 1 pages 1-202 (February 2019).
Whittaker, JL, McKay, DC and Batt, ME. Prevention, management and long term consequences of sport and exercise-related musculoskeletal disorders. Best Practice & Research Clinical Rheumatology. Volume 33, Issue 1, February 2019, Pages 1-2. 10.1016/j.berh.2019.101432
Filbay, SR and Drindem, H. Evidence-based recommendations for the management of anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) rupture. Best Practice & Research Clinical Rheumatology. Volume 33, Issue 1, February 2019, Pages 33-47. 10.1016/j.berh.2019.01.018
McKay, CD, Cumming, SP and Blake, T. Youth sport: Friend or Foe? Best Practice & Research Clinical Rheumatology. Volume 33, Issue 1, February 2019, Pages 141-157. 10.1016/j.berh.2019.01.017
Bieluczyk, P, Inouye, K, Ballinger, C, Lawson, J and Adams, J. What lay methods of disseminating arthritis research are considered most useful by people with arthritis? A patient and public involvement project. Rheumatology (2019) Volume 58. Issue supplement 3. doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/kez106.027
Blake H, Narayanasamy M, Batt ME, et al. (2019) Effectiveness of Lifestyle Health Promotion Interventions for Nurses: Protocol for a Systematic Review. J Nurs Pract 3(1):81-85.
Brockhurst I, Wong J, Martin H and Batt ME. Physical Activity in Practice: why and how to get GPs moving. BJGP 2019 69 (683) 276-277. doi.org/10.3399/bjgp19X703769
Bullock GS., Collins G., Peirce N., Arden NK., Filbay SR. Physical activity and health-related quality of life in former elite and recreational cricketers from the UK with upper extremity or lower extremity persistent joint pain: a cross-sectional study. (2019) BMJ Open Vol 9: Issue 11
Bullock GS., Panagodage-Perera NK., Murray A., Arden NK., Filbay SR. Relationship between cricket participation, health and well-being: scoping review protocol. (2019) BMJ Open Volume 9 Issue 11 10.1136/bmjopen-2019-032070
Bullock, GS, Collins, G, Arden, N and Filbay, S. Having played sport while injured is associated with osteoarthritis, joint pain and worse health related quality of life. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. Volume 22 Supplement 2 (2019) pages s50-s51 10.1016/j.jsams.2019.08.237
Bullock G., Collins G., Nigel A., FILBAY S. Resilience is associated with greater health related quality of life and flourishing in former cricketers. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. Volume 22 Supplement 2 (2019) page s41 10.1016/j.jsams.2019.08.217
Bullock, GS, Collins, GS, Arden, NK and Filbay, S. Physical activity and health-related quality of life in former cricketers with persistent upper-limb or lower-limb joint pain. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage. Volume 27 Supplement 1 (2019) S227-228 doi.org/10.1016/j.joca.2019.02.355
Bullock GS., Schmitt AC., Chasse P., Little BA., Diehl LH., Butler RJ. Differences in Player Load and pitch type in collegiate baseball players. Sports Biomechanics (2019) doi.org/10.1080/14763141.2019.1618899
Charlesworth J, Fitzpatrick J, Panagodage Perera N and Orchard, J. Osteoarthritis- a systematic review of long-term safety implications for osteoarthritis of the knee. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders (2019) 20:151 doi.org/10.1186/s12891-019-2525-0
Clarkson, P, Vassilev, I, Rogers, A and Adams, J. Developing a new social networked self-management tool for people living with joint pain: identifying individuals’ needs and priorities. Rheumatology (2019) Volume 58. Issue supplement 3. doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/kez108.071
Davies MAM., Kerr ZY., DeFreese JD., Arden NK., Marshall SW., Guskiewicz KM., Padua DA., Pietrosimone B. Prevalence of and Risk Factors for Total Hip and Knee Replacement in Retired National Football League Athletes. (2019) American Journal of Sports Medicine. Vol 47 Issue 12 doi.org/10.1177/0363546519870804
Drew, BT, Conaghan, PG, Smith, TO, Selfe, J, Hensor, EMA, Dube, B, Grainger, AJ and Redmond AC. Toward the Development of Data-Driven Diagnostic Subgroups for People With Patellofemoral Pain Using Modifiable Clinical, Biomechanical, and Imaging Features (2019). Journal Orthop Sports Phys Ther. Volume 49, Issue 7 pages 536-547 DOI: 10.2519/jospt.2019.8607
Emery CA, Whittaker J, Mahmoudian A, Lohmander S, Roos E, Bennell KL, Toomey CM, Reimer RA, Thompson D, Ronsky JL, Kuntze G, Lloyd DG, Andriacchi T, Englund M, Kraus VB, Losina E, Bierma-Zeinstra S, Runhaar J, Peat G,Luyten FP, Snyder-Mackler L, Risberg MA, Mobasheri AM, Guermazi A, Hunter DJ and Arden NK. Esatblishing outcome measures in early knee osteoarthritis. Nat Rev Rheumatol. 2019 Jul;15(7):438-448. doi: 10.1038/s41584-019-0237-3. Epub 2019 Jun 14.
Ferguson, R., Culliford, D., Prieto-Alhambra, D., Pinedo-Villanueva, R., Delmestri, A., Arden, N., & Bowen, C. (2019). Encounters for foot and ankle pain in UK primary care: a population-based cohort study of CPRD data. The British journal of general practice 69(683), e422-e429. DOI: 10.3399/bjgp19X703817
Fernandes G, Parekh S, Moses J, Fuller C, Batt ME, Scammell B, Zhang W and Doherty M. Depression and the General Health of Retired Professional Footballers compared to the General Population: A Case Control Study. BMJ Open. 2019 Sep 8;9(9):e030056. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2019-030056.
Filbay, SR and Grindem, H. Evidence-based recommendations for the management of anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) rupture. Best Practice and Research Clinical Rheumatology. Feb 2019. doi.org/10.1016/j.berh.2019.01.018
Filbay, S, Pandya, T, Thomas, B, McKay, C, Adams, J and Arden, N. Quality of Life and Life Satisfaction in Former Athletes: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Sports Medicine (2019) Volume 49: Issue 11 pp 1723-1738. doi.org/10.1007/s40279-019-01163-0
Goh, SL, Persson, MSM, Stocks, J, Hou, Y, Welton, NJ, Lin, J, Hall MC, Doherty, M and Zhang W. Sports Medicine Relative Efficacy of Different Exercises for Pain, Function, Performance and Quality of Life in Knee and Hip Osteoarthritis: Systematic Review and Network Meta Analysis. 4th March 2019. Doi: 10.1007/s440279-019-01082-0
Ifesemen, OS, Bestwick-Stevenson T and Edwards, K. Spatial Microsimulation of osteoarthritis prevalence at the small area level in England – Constraint selection for a 2-stage microsimulation process. International Journal of Microsimulation. 2019 doi: 10.34196/ijm.00200
Inouye, K, Lempp, H, Brooks, C, Crang, E, Ballinger, Backman, C and Adams, J. The portrayal of osteoarthritis in the UK national newspapers: a preliminary systematic content analysis. Rheumatology (2019) Volume 58. Issue supplement 3. doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/kez108.064
Jones, ME, Davies, MAM, Shah, K, Kemp, S, Peirce, N, Leyland, KM, Stokes, KA, Judge, AD, Newton, JL, Furniss, D and Arden, NK. The prevalence of hand and wrist osteoarthritis in elite former cricket and rugby union players. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. (12th March 2019) doi.org/10.1016/j.jsams.2019.03.004
Kluzek, S and Mattei, TA. Machine-learning for osteoarthritis research. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage. Volume 27. Issue 7. July 2019 pages 977-978 doi: 10.1016/j.joca.2019.04.005
Lanza, MB, Balshaw, TG and Folland JP. Explosive strength: effect of knee joint angle on functional, neural, and intrinsic contractile properties. European Journal of Applied Physiology (2019) 119:1735–1746 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00421-019-04163-0
Linek P, Booysen, N., Sikora, D, Stokes, M. Functional movement screen and Y balance tests in adolescent footballers with hip/groin symptoms. Physical Therapy in Sports (2019) doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ptsp.2019.07.002
Lunn, DE, Chapman GJ and Redmond, AC. Hip kinematics and kinetics in total hip replacement patients stratified by age and functional capacity. Journal for Biomechanics. (Feb 2019) doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2019.02.002
Maden-Wilkinson, TM, Balshaw, TG, Massey, G and Folland, JP. What makes long-term resistance-trained individuals so strong? A comparison of skeletal muscle morphology, architecture, and joint mechanics. Journal of Applied Physiology. doi.10.1152/japplphysiol.00224.2019
Matta C, Boocok DJ, Fellows CR, Miosge N, Dizon JE, Liddell, S, Smith J and Mobasheri, A. Molecular phenotyping of the surfaceome of migratory chondroprogenitors and mesenchymal stem cells using biotinylation, glycocapture and quantitative LC-MS/MS proteomic analysis. Nature Scientific Reports. (2019) 9:9018 | https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-44957-y
Mechelli F, Arendt-Nielsen L, Stokes M, Agyapong-Badu S. Validity of Ultrasound Imaging Versus Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Measuring Anterior Thigh Muscle, Subcutaneous Fat and Fascia Thickness. (2019) Methods Protoc 2019; 2: 58; doi:10.3390/mps2030058
Mechelli F, Arendt-Nielsen L, Stokes M, Agyapong-Badu S. Ultrasound imaging for measuring muscle and subcutaneous fat tissue thickness of the anterior thigh: A two-year longitudinal study in middle age. JCSM Clinical Reports 2019; 4(2). doi.org/10.17987/jcsm-cr.v4i2.94
Mottram, S, Warner, M, Booysen, Bahain-Steenman, K and Stokes, M. Retraining in a Female Elite Rower with Persistent Symptoms Post-Arthroscopy for Femoroacetabular Impingement Syndrome: a Proof-of-Concept Case Report. J. Funct. Morphol. Kinesiol. 4th May 2019, 4, 24; doi:10.3390/jfmk4020024
Paterson, KL and Gates, L. Clinical Assessment and Management of Foot and Ankle Osteoarthritis: A Review of Current Evidence and Focus on Pharmacological Treatment. Drugs and Aging. (March 2019) Vol 36 Issue 3 pp 203-211. doi.org/10.1007/s40266-019-00639-y
Parekh, SM, Fernandes, GS, Moses, JP, Fuller, C, Scammell, BE, Batt ME, Zhang, W and Doherty, M. Risk Factors for Knee Osteoarthritis in Retired Professional Footballers: A Cross-Sectional Study. Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine: April 23, 2019 doi: 10.1097/JSM.0000000000000742
Perkin, OJ, McGuigan, PM and Stokes, KA. Exercise snacking to improve muscle function in health older adults: a pilot study. Journal of Aging Research (2019) doi.org/10.1155/2019/7516939
Perkin. OJ, McGuigan, PM, Thompson, D and Stokes KA. Habitual physical activity levels do not predict leg strength and power in healthy, active older adults. PLOS 1 (2018) 13 (7). doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0200089
Perera, N. Too many rib ticklers? Injuries in Australian Women’s Cricket. British Journal of Sports Medicine (2019) 53: 1436-1437. 10.1136/bjsports-2018-099629
Perera NKP., Kemp JL., Joseph C., Finch CF. Epidemiology of hospital-treated cricket injuries sustained by women from 2002-2003 to 2013-2014 in Victoria, Australia. JSAMs Vol 22 Issue 11 pages 1213-1218. (2019) doi.org/10.1016/j.jsams.2019.07.010
Panagodage Perera NK., Kountouris A., Kemp JL., Joseph C., Finch CF. The incidence, prevalence, nature, severity and mechanisms of injury in elite female cricketers: A prospective cohort study. JSAMS (2019) Volume 22 Issue 9 Pages 1014-1020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsams.2019.05.013
Panagodage Perera N, Bullock, G, Peirce, N, Arden, N and Filbay S. Physical activity in current and former cricketers. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. Volume 22 Supplement 2 (2019) page s51 10.1016/j.jsams.2019.08.238
Redmond, A. Foot problems in rheumatology often overlooked by clinicians but not by patients. Rheumatology (2019). Volume 58. Issue supplement 3. doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/kez109.068
Sankah, BEA, Stokes, M and Adams, J. Exercises for hand osteoarthritis: a systematic review of clinical practice guidelines and consensus recommendations. Physical Therapy Reviews, Volume 24 Issue 3-4 doi.org/10.1080/10833196.2019.1649104
Sankah, B. E. A., Stokes, M., & Adams, J. (2019). Exercise programs for the management of people with hand osteoarthritis: a scoping review protocol. JBI Database of Systematic Reviews and Implementation Reports, 17(4), 461-469. DOI: 10.11124/JBISRIR-2017-003806
Smith TO, Hawker GA, Hunter DJ, March LM, Boers M, Shea BJ, Christensen R, Guillemin F, Terwee CB, Williamson PR, Dodd S, Roos EM, Loeser RF, Schnitzer TJ, Kloppenburg M, Neogi T, Ladel CH, Kalsi G, Kaiser U, Buttel TW, Ashford AE, Mobasheri A, Arden NK, Tennant A, Hochberg MC, de Wit M, Tugwell P Conaghan PG. The OMERACT-OARSI Core Domain Set for Measurement in Clinical Trials of Hip and/or Knee Osteoarthritis. The Journal of Rheumatology (Jan 2019) Vol 46 Issue 4. doi.org/10.3899/jrheum.181194
Smith, T and Conaghan, PG. The OMERACT-OARSI core domain set for measurement in clinical trials of hip and/or knee osteoarthritis. Rheumatology (2019). Volume 58. Issue supplement 3. doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/kez108.060
Thomas, S, Browne, H, Mobasheri, A and Rayman, MP. What is the evidence for a role for diet and nutrition in osteoarthritis? Rheumatology. Volume 57, Issue suppl_4 May 2018 iv61-iv74. doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/key011
Ward, JK and Adams J. Delivering a clinical effectiveness and efficacy randomised controlled trial for patients with hand osteoarthritis: a qualitative study of the impact on clinicians on developing therapeutic relationships with patients. Rheumatology (2019) Volume 58. Issue supplement 3. doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/kez108.059
Warner, MB, Wilson, DA, Herrington, L, Dixon, S, Power, C, Jones, R, Heller MO, Carden, P and Lewis, CL. A systematic review of the discriminating biomechanical parameters during the single leg squat. Physical Therapy in Sport, Volume 36, March 2019 Pages 78-91. doi.org/10.1016/j.ptsp.2019.01.007
Whittaker, J. L., Ellis, R., Hodges, P. W., Osullivan, C., Hides, J., Fernandez-Carnero, S., ... Stokes, M. J. (2019). Imaging with ultrasound in physical therapy: What is the PT's scope of practice? A competency-based educational model and training recommendations. British journal of sports medicine, 1-7. DOI: 10.1136/bjsports-2018-100193
Wright, D, Fry, M, Adams, J and Bowen C. Training the next generation of clinical rheumatology researchers: evaluation of a graduate allied health professional and nurse internship programme. Rheumatology (2019) Volume 58. Issue supplement 3. doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/kez106.029
Van Santen JA., Pereira C., Sanchez-Santos MT., Cooper C., Arden NK. Dominant vs. non-dominant hip comparison in bone mineral density in young sporting athletes. (2019) 14:54 Archives of Osteoporosis. doi.org/10.1007/s11657-019-0605-2
Arden, N. World Congress on Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis sand Musculoskeletal Disease 4-7th April 2019. Friday 5th April Symposia “Reassessment of the safety of anti-osteoarthritis medications: outcomes of an experts consensus meeting organized under the auspices of the European Society for Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases (ESCEO)
Arden, N. World Congress on Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis sand Musculoskeletal Disease 4-7th April 2019. Plenary Lecture. Early Treatment of osteoarthritis
Arden, N. Role of pain in predicting mortality in osteoarthritis. British Society for Rheumatology. 30th April-2nd May 2019. Birmingham
Filbay, S. Long-Term Outcomes of Injury/Youth. BASEM 21st/22nd November 2019 Glasgow
Glynn-Jones, S. Femoro-Acetabular Impingement: Youth to Adult. BASEM 21st/22nd November 2019 Glasgow
Ifesemen, O. “Physical Activity and Fatigue in Rheumatoid Arthritis”. Moving your way to good health. Nottingham. 30th August 2019. Won best presentation
Menon, G, Tizzard, J, Skan, O and David E. PE07 Sport-related concussion knowledge: what can we learn from Rugby Union? Isokinetic Medical Group, Wembley Stadium London 27-29th April 2019.
Mobasheri, A. Invited to speak at the 15th World Congress of International Cartilage Regeneration and Joint preservation Society (ICRS). 5-8th October 2019. Vancouver.
Perera, N, Akerlund, I and Hagglun, M. Motivation to play, injury prevention and risk perceptions and health problems in youth floorball. Isokinetic Medical Group, Wembley Stadium London 27-29th April 2019.
Perera, N. What’s new in Sport and Exercise Medicine and where to find it. The Edinburgh Sport and Exercise Medicine Conference 2019, The University of Edinburgh, 6th September 2019
Redmond, A. Foot problems in rheumatology often overlooked by clinicians but not by patients. British Society for Rheumatology. 30th April-2nd May 2019. Birmingham
Shah, K, Furniss, D, Collins, GS, Peirce, N, Arden, NK, Filbay, S. The Odds of Hand Pain and Osteoarthritis In Individuals with a history of Cricket related Hand Injury. World Congress in Science and Medicine in Cricket from 8-10 July 2019. Loughborough.
Smith, T and Conaghan, PG. The OMERACT-OARSI core domain set for measurement in clinical trials of hip and/or knee osteoarthritis. British Society for Rheumatology. 30th April-2nd May 2019. Birmingham
Stokes, K. Approaches to reducing injuries in rugby union: tackling safety with science. Isokinetic Medical Group, Wembley Stadium London 27-29th April 2019.
Stokes, M. Movement quality in adolescents. BASEM 21st/22nd November 2019 Glasgow
1. Arnold, JB, Gates, L, Redmond, AC, Bowen, C, Arden, N. Impact Of Different Classification Criteria On The Prevalence Of Radiographic Foot Osteoarthritis: Data From The Chingford 1000 Women Study. OARSI. 2-5 May 2019, Toronto.
2. Bestwick-Stevenson, T. “Significant Ankle Ligament Injury Study (SALI)”. Moving your way to good health. Nottingham. 30th August 2019.
3. Bowes, MA, Brett, A, Conaghan, PG. Substantial Implications For Study Numbers Based On Typical Study Populations, Using Different Mri Slice Thickness For Bone Shape And Cartilage Thickness: Data From The Osteoarthritis Initiative. OARSI. 2-5 May 2019, Toronto.
4. Bullock, GS, Collins, GS, Arden, NK, Filbay, SR. Physical Activity And Health-Related Quality Of Life In Former Cricketers With Persistent Upper-Limb Or Lower-Limb Joint Pain. OARSI. 2-5 May 2019, Toronto.
5. Cassidy, R. Does the patient diagnostic phenotype influence clinical outcomes following residential hip and groin rehabilitation in UK Military personnel? A prospective multi centre cohort study. BASEM 21-22nd November 2019. Glasgow
6. Clarkson, P, Vassilev, I, Rogers, A and Adams, J. Developing a new social networked self-management tool for people living with joint pain: identifying individuals’ needs and priorities. British Society for Rheumatology. 30th April-2nd May 2019. Birmingham
7. Conaghan, PG, Bowes, MA, Kingsbury, SR, Brett, A, Guillard, G, Thunblad, K, Larsson, T, Holmgren, A, Manninen, A, Göhlin, A, Sjögren, N, Graham, P, Jansson, A, Wadell, A, Bethell, R, Öhd, J. Safety And Efficacy Of Six Months´ Open Label Extension Post-Rct Using The Novel Cathepsin K Inhibitor Miv-711 In Patients With Knee Osteoarthritis. OARSI. 2-5 May 2019, Toronto.
8. Cooper, D. Epidemiology of low back pain and retirement from sport among retired international athletes (runners, swimmers, rowers and hockey players). BASEM 21-22nd November 2019. Glasgow
9. Coppack, R. The development and test-retest reliability of the military physical loading questionnaire (MPLQ). BASEM 21-22nd November 2019. Glasgow
10. Daugaard, CL, Hangaard, S, Bartels, E, Gudbergsen, H, Christensen, R, Bliddal, H, Englund, M, Conaghan, PG, Boesen, M. The Effects Of Weight Loss On Imaging Outcomes In Overweight Or Obese People With Osteoarthritis In The Hip Or Knee Joint: A Systematic Review Of Imaging Reporting In Interventional Studies. OARSI. 2-5 May 2019, Toronto.
11. Davies, M. The prevalence of Musculoskeletal pain in 147 former elite rugby players. BASEM 21-22nd November 2019. Glasgow
12. Deb, S. The relationship between strength, power, agility and injuries in adult team ball court sport athletes: a systematic review. BASEM 21-22nd November 2019. Glasgow
13. Driban, JB, Bannuru, RR, Eaton, CB, Spector, TD, Hart, DJ, McAlindon, TE, Lu, B, Lo, GH, Arden, NK. One In Seven Cases Of Incident Knee Osteoarthritis Is Accelerated Knee Osteoarthritis: Data From The Chingford Cohort. OARSI. 2-5 May 2019, Toronto.
14. Dube, B, Bowes, MA, Hensor, EM, Kingsbury, SR, Conaghan PG. Determinants Of Osteoarthritis 3d Bone Shape And It’s Change In The Three Knee Bones: A Latent Growth Modelling Approach On 37 583 Mr Images From The Osteoarthritis Initiative. OARSI. 2-5 May 2019, Toronto.
15. Filbay, SR, Andersson, C, Ardern, C, Gauffin, H, Kvist, J. Physical Activity, Quality Of Life And Sport-Related Concerns In Relation To Radiographic Knee Osteoarthritis And Knee Symptoms 32-37 Years After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury. OARSI. 2-5 May 2019, Toronto.
16. Gates, L, McQueen, P, Daniels, M, Delmestri, A, Drechsler, W, Stephensen, D, Doherty, M, Arden, N, Bowen, C. Incidence And Progression Of First Metatars0-Phalangeal Joint Osteoarthritis Over A 19-Year Period In The Chingford 1000 Women Cohort. OARSI. 2-5 May 2019, Toronto.
17. Gauffin, H, Filbay, SR, Andersson, C, Ardern, C, Kvist, J. Radiographic Osteoarthritis And Knee Symptoms 32-37 Years Following Acute Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury. OARSI. 2-5 May 2019, Toronto.
18. Hopwood, J. Redmond, A, Chapman, Richards, L, Collins, S and Brockett, C. Wear performance of a mobile bearing total ankle replacement. British Orthopaedic Research Society/BORS 4-6th September 2019. Cardiff University
19. Inouye, K, Lempp, H, Brooks, C, Crang, E, Ballinger, Backman, C and Adams, J. The portrayal of osteoarthritis in the UK national newspapers: a preliminary systematic content analysis. British Society for Rheumatology. 30th April-2nd May 2019. Birmingham
20. Krishnasamy, P, Hall, M, Goulston, L, Hunter, D, Arden, N. Does baseline and change in lower extremity lean and fat composition over 5 years predict the incidence of radiographic knee osteoarthritis in women? OARSI. 2-5 May 2019, Toronto.
21. Lad, K. Reliability of the modified Clinical Test of Sensory Interaction in Balance (mCTSIB) when used clinically compared to when used with the HUMAC (Nintendo Wii Balance Board) balance system on healthy volunteers. A qualitative study. BASEM 21-22nd November 2019. Glasgow
22. Mimpen, JY, Kluzek, S, Dakin, SG, Price, AJ, Watt, FE, Carr, AJ, Snelling, SJ. Interleukin-17 Is A Potential Contributor To The Inflammatory Environment In The Oa Joint. OARSI. 2-5 May 2019, Toronto.
23. O’Hanlon, M. The epidemiology of menstrual dysfunction, eating disorders and injury in professional ballet dancers. BASEM 21-22nd November 2019. Glasgow
24. Perry, T, Parkes, MJ, Hodgson, R, Felson, DT, Arden, NK, O’Neill TW. Bone Marrow Lesion Subtype And Symptoms In Knee Osteoarthritis. OARSI. 2-5 May 2019, Toronto.
25. Stevens, RM, Campbell, JN, Guedes, K, Smith, VH, Hanson, PD, Ervin, J, Conaghan PG. Intra-Articular Cntx-4975 For Osteoarthritis Knee Pain: Subgroup And Post Hoc Analyses Of A Randomized Phase 2 Study. OARSI. 2-5 May 2019, Toronto.
Maria Stokes: Invited to talk at All-Party Parliamentary Group for Golf. 3rd April 2019. Houses of Parliament.
Nick Allen: Getting under the skin of a dancer. As part of the BBC Dance Passion 2019. Friday 5th April 2019
Arden, N. World Congress on Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis sand Musculoskeletal Disease 4-7th April 2019. Friday 5th April Symposia “Reassessment of the safety of anti-osteoarthritis medications: outcomes of an experts consensus meeting organized under the auspices of the European Society for Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases (ESCEO)”
Arden, N. World Congress on Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis sand Musculoskeletal Disease 4-7th April 2019. Plenary Lecture. Early Treatment of osteoarthritis